We’re praising God for lots of things after 28 hours in Liberia”
1. After having a bit of a scare regarding our visas before we left town (our partner from CA didn’t get hers in time so had to delay her trip by 5 days) we were so pleased to have flights, etc go so great!
2. And then what a treat to be greeted by Luther once we cleared customs and Christine just an hour later Got to have a great beachside chat with Luther and Christine and get caught up on the TI Boys. It was sad to hear that a couple of the boys are “taking a break from TI” because of the choices that they are making. But the rest are doing GREAT!
3. Monday morning we went out to the site and had a great reunion with the boys! They were excited to meet Lisa and our teammate Roland from Oklahoma who is also a point of praise how God connected us up with Roland just a few weeks before the trip. He is so great with construction and with the boys and already we’re wondering how we could have done it without him!
4. We had a great time working and playing with the boys! I’m so impressed with what good workers some of these boys are, and then we already knew that they know how to play well! We invented Saypong’s successor, “block rock” (think basketball where the block is the basket and the rock is the ball). I really enjoyed getting to know the more and hope to share stories when it’s not so late at night.
5. Other huge prayer is for weather. It is pouring down buckets of rain now but during the day it was dry or a light rain which would cool things off a bit. Please pray for the weather to cooperate.
There’s more to say but I must head to bed. Thanks you for your prayers!
I’ll leave you with two pictures–one of the gang and one of the 2 rows of block on the annex that we laid today!